MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTS – FINANCIAL REPORT FOR THE PERIOD 1 APRIL 2021 to 31 MAY 2021
Contained within papers MPC(21)75.01(a-g), Councillors will receive the following reports:
- Cashbooks for Barclays Current Account, Barclays Deposit Account and Lloyds Bank Treasurer’s Account. These show income and expenditure at a detailed level and Members are asked to note the income and the payments made.
- Income and expenditure by budget heading, which shows cumulative income and expenditure against budget heads for the period 1 April 2021 to 31 May 2021 and the position remaining.
- Bank reconciliation reports for all three accounts to note and review.
- Cashbooks and bank reconciliations for the Ipswich Building Society Deposit Account and Ipswich Building Society Rent Deposit Account are not included as there is no change from the previous month.
These financial reports give a clear picture of the financial position at the end of the second month of the financial year. For simplicity all figures are rounded.
Total income received in 2021/22 so far is £130,515, which includes CIL receipts transferred to an ear marked reserve of £77,646. Without CIL overall income was £52,869 which includes the first precept instalment of £46,124 (received in April). £600 was received from hire of the tennis courts, which is nearly a quarter of predicted tennis hire income for the year.
Overall expenditure in 2021/22 so far is £69,526. Of this nearly £42k was for the car park project which was funded through CIL reserves. Otherwise expenditure amounts to £27,740 which is approximately 22% of the budgeted expenditure for the year.
In terms of cash resources as at 31 May, cash in the Council’s bank accounts totalled £608,640 made up as follows:
- Barclays Bank Current Account £325,224
- Barclays Bank Deposit Account £162,488
- Ipswich Building Society Deposit Account £101,116
- Lloyds Bank Treasurer’s Account £ 14,692
- Ipswich Building Society Rent Deposit Account £ 5,120
After adding as assets £12,681 in respect of the VAT due to us and deducting the rent deposit of £5,120 as liabilities the total liquid assets amounted to £616,201. Of that sum, £522,198 relates to the balance of CIL monies and grants held as a restricted reserve. Therefore, there is a general reserve sum of £94,003, a decrease from £107,064 at 30 April 2021.
That members of Full Council NOTE AND COMMENT on this report.
Assistant Clerk to the Council
10th June 2021