Report on CIL and Ear Marked Resources (EMR) funded projects – September
Background and summary
This report updates Full Council on the situation regarding CIL and EMR projects as at 31st August 2022*
As at 31st August 2022 the EMRs totalled £372,248.37 as follows:
|EMR Title||Total as at 31st Aug 2022||Total as at 30th June 2022||Total as at 28 Feb 2022||Original allocation||Notes|
|EMR Melton Rd crossings project||£35,755||£35,755||£35,755
|EMR Landscaping & parking improvements||£56,265||£51,265||£49,000
|£50,000||Additional £5k added July 2022|
|EMR Pavilion project||£144,595.16||£189,943.85||£274,446||£220,000||Additional £75k added in March 2022
Additional £10k added July 2022
Additional £25k added Sept 2022
|EMR Divested land sinking fund||£18,998||£18,998||£23,843||£30,000|
|Budget Risk EMR **||£5,000||£5,000||£5,000|
|Hall Farm Road/SWT Events**||£690||£690||N/A||£3,633|
|Pavilion Kit Out EMR**||£1,185.96||N/A||N/A||£1,185.96||Agreed by FERM in June 2022. Established through fete|
* £25k was transferred from the CIL reserves to the Pavilion EMR in September 2022 following the decision taken by the emergency decision makers.
** These EMRs are not funded by CIL.
CIL received and spent to date
Receipts to date (payments are usually made in April and October in each year):
TOTAL = £628,175.81
The payments received in this financial year so far are from two developments:
|DC/20/3204/FUL||Land To Rear Of No.36 Hall Farm Road||£4,611.05|
|DC/20/4630/FUL||Site Adjoining 88 Bury Hill||£3,331.47|
The next payment date is October 2022. The developer of the Deben Meadows development has lodged an appeal so it is uncertain if we will received further CIL payments for this.
Expenditure to date:
2022/23 (to date) £168,403.74
TOTAL = £280,177.20
In terms of spend deadlines, the earliest unspent tranches now date from April 2019, which needs to be spent by April 2024. These balances will be used up in 2022/23.
Projects completed and paid using CIL/EMR
- Playing Field security CCTV system
- Speed Indicator Devices x 3
- Recreation Ground Car Park improvements
- Land Divestment improvements/enhancements
- Bredfield Bus Shelter – (No EMR created) – £2.4k in total but £700 funded by grant
- Hall Farm Road play equipment installation and enhancements
Projects in Progress
- Creation of car park in front of Winifred Fison House – due for completion October 2022. Landscaping, planting and installation of a bike rack will be carried out after this.
- Melton Road/Hill crossings (EMR created) – installed July 2022. Some money may remain on completion – awaiting final invoice.
- Pavilion (EMR created) – start date of 28th March 2022. Completion date expected October 2022
- Bredfield Road Feasibility Study – funded by grants from Cllrs Nicoll and Smith-Lyte
Other Potential Projects
The following projects have been identified but have not been prioritised or had funding allocated:
- Play Park improvements and remedial works at Beresford Drive and Melton Recreation Ground. This is covered in paper MPC(22)82.03.
- New Play Area fencing – originally estimated at £10k but it is likely to be higher now
- Tennis Court resurfacing – estimated at £18-20k – is on Recreation’s long list
- MUGA replacement – estimated £50-80k – is on Recreation’s long list
- Bredfield Road Pedestrian improvements – cost tbc – could apply for District CIL
- Solar panels for 17 Riduna Park – cost c.£6-10k – this is currently on hold and could be part funded by grants
- Installation for EV charging points – this could be partially funded through grants
- Lighting of pathway to Pavilion
Members are asked to:
- Note and comment on the report
Clerk and Executive Officer to the Council