Neighbourhood Plan Refresh Kickoff Meeting
It is suggested that the first step should be a kickoff meeting involving Councillors and some members of the public willing to get involved to discuss the issues below. It would also be useful to have a Planning Consultant and/or member of East Suffolk’s Planning Policy team involved.
SCOPE OF CHANGES REQUIRED
-What has changed/is going to change in Melton since 2018?
-What new sources of information are available (eg Census, Suffolk Wildlife Report, others?)
-New site allocations to be sought or not?
-What areas require policy changes (eg St Andrew’s Access, Biodiversity, Community assets)
-Wording changes previously identified
-What additional green spaces need protection
-What changes in infrastructure are needed
-Connection to other initiatives eg Mini Holland
-What evidence do we need to gather and how
-What external support/expertise do we need
-What budget and what source of funds
OUTLINE TIME CHART (FIRST DRAFT)
– Best to assume in first instance that an inspection will certainly be required, and that referendum may be.
OUTLINE COMMUNICATIONS AND CONSULTATION PLAN
- with Councillors and Committee members
- with volunteer supporters
- with the public
- with East Suffolk Planners
ALLOCATION OF RESPONSIBILITIES
– Creation of Neighbourhood Plan working group
– Can we engage some of those who were involved last time