REC(21)73.02 Hall Farm Road

RecreationRecreation Agendas & Papers Uploaded on September 9, 2021


Hall Farm Road

Some of the fence panels have collapsed under the weight of the ivy and allowing people to access the Deben Community Farm. Having spoken to the farm they believe that the fence is our responsibility. We can do a land registry search and/or contact the landowner but this might not prove conclusive.

The maintenance officer is not able to replace the fence on his own and would either need assistance or it would have to be carried out by a contractor.

Entrance paths
The entrances to the sports ground from Manthorp Close and Hall Farm Close can get very muddy and slippery during wet weather. Residents have asked if work can be done to improve the surface. This could be done through adding shingle/bark or installing rubber matting.

Residents have requested additional waste bins to be installed at the area. I contacted Norse for a quote and their response was:

Our charges include Site Scanning, new bin and installation. For a Topsy 2000 litter bin is £ 240 + vat For a Black Topsy Royal litter bin is £245 + vat

The location of the new bin has to be agreed by all parties (Land Owner and East Suffolk Norse) a site meeting maybe required.

There will be an annual charge for emptying of the bin once a week and a contract would be set up. (£ 52 + vat per annum). Invoiced in advance.

East Suffolk Norse would only be responsible for the emptying and disposal of the contents of the bin going forward.

It should be noted that we do not currently pay for the emptying of any bins in the Parish.

Councillors are asked to:

  • Decide if they wish to investigate if we own the fence and if we do to replace the fence panels and if they want to engage a contractor or provide assistance for the Maintenance Officer and take to Full Council for approval.
  • Decide if they wish to carry out work to improve the paths and what solution they wish to utilise and take to Full Council for approval.
  • Decide if they wish to purchase additional rubbish bins and take to Full Council for approval.

Pip Alder

Asst Clerk and Management Officer

9th September 2021