Grant applications for 2023/24 have now closed. Applications for grants in 2024/5 will reopen in the Autumn of 2024.
Melton Parish Council gives small grants to local organisations each year. We have a small fund available this year and invite organisations and charities in Melton, or those that provide a service to the residents of Melton, to apply. You can complete the form below, download the Grant Application Form or contact the office for a paper form. The application must be accompanied by a copy of the organisations latest approved accounts. Further guidance can be found at the bottom of this page in the Notes section. Applications must be received by the 30th September 2023.
Please note all fields must be completed.
- The budget for grants is set by Melton Parish Council in January each year
- The budget year in which the grant will be payable is the financial year 1st April to 31st March following the setting of the budget
- Grants would normally be payable to organisations rather than individuals working for the benefit of the residents of Melton
- Projects that the council would wish to support would normally be of a capital rather than a revenue nature
- Grants to individuals will not be considered
- All applications must be on the prescribed form, either hand or electronically written, and accompanied by a copy of the organisations latest approved accounts
- Once the budget for any given year is expended no further applications will be considered
- Applications would not normally be considered within three years of a previous successful application
- As a general guide grants will not exceed £500 and in order to assist as many organisations as possible may well be substantially lower
- All applications will be considered on their own merits but where there is an equality of merit the budget may be split equally between all applicants
- The deadline date for applications is 30th September 2023. Completed paper applications should be sent to the Clerk to the Council, Melton Parish Council, 17 Riduna Park, Station Road, Melton, Woodbridge IP12 1QT or via email to email@example.com
- Council will acknowledge receipt of an application by email
- Full Council will consider all applications received by the 30th September 2023 at their meeting on the 18th October 2023 and make a decision
- Applicants will be allowed to attend the meeting of Full Council as this is held in public
- All applicants will be advised of the decision of council by email following the meeting in October
- Grants approved will be paid to the applicant organisation as soon as possible following the decision
- The decision of Melton Parish Council on whether or not to approve a grant application will be final and no dialogue will be entered into over the reasons for the decision taken