The play park and play equipment at Melton Playing Fields will be open by Friday 17th July 2020.
PLEASE NOTE THE EQUIPMENT IS NOT REGULARLY CLEANED, AND ACCESS IS NOT MANAGED IN ANY WAY
Scientific advice suggests that the COVID-19 virus can survive for up to several days on some hard surfaces. The risks are reduced when outdoors, where surfaces may be subject to UV light and/or rain. Whilst all possible practical measures have been put in place the user of this equipment does so at their own choice and risk. Users of this equipment are expected to exercise care and comply with the official Government guidance for protecting themselves and others from COVID-19 at all times.
Therefore, we strongly recommend all users follow these guidelines to help protect everyone from Covid-19:
- Encourage everyone in your group to sanitise their hands at frequent intervals and, as a minimum, before and after using the playground. Wash your hands when you get home. Encourage children not to touch their face.
- Please maintain social distancing from other users – 2 metres where possible
- If you or any member of your household has coronavirus symptoms, or have been advised to self-isolate, go home and do not use this equipment
- This equipment is checked regularly for damage, wear and tear, but will not be cleaned regularly. You may wish to sanitise the equipment before your child uses it.
- The maximum number of persons in the fenced off play area is 20 at a time
- Only 1 adult to accompany their children in the play area
- Please adhere to number of users per piece of play equipment
- Do not consume food or drink within the play area
- Please use bins provided or take litter home
As Government guidance changes, or if there is a renewal of restrictions, then the Council will amend these instructions as appropriate.