Suffolk residents have been given the chance to vote for one of five Suffolk-based charities shortlisted for Hopkins Homes’ Suffolk Charity Vote.
Hopkins Homes will donate a total of £10,000 split between the three charities who receive the most votes from the public (£7,000, £2,000 and £1,000 respectively).
The following shortlist has been put together by Hopkins Homes with help from the Suffolk Community Foundation and focuses on charities chiefly concerned with key themes of homelessness and displacement, deprivation and vulnerable people.
1. EPIC Dad focuses on supporting fathers, father-figures and families through the challenges of preparing for parenthood and beyond.
2. FIND offers food, personal care items, furniture, bedding and household appliances to help those experiencing poverty and isolation in Ipswich
3. Gatehouse provides services to vulnerable people in West Suffolk who are living with mental health issues including dementia.
4. Just42 delivers innovative, high-quality and professional youth and children’s work; facilitating the social, emotional, physical and spiritual development of children and young people.
5. Rural Coffee Caravan reduces loneliness and rural isolation across Suffolk via its mobile pop up community cafes, and also its MeetUpMondays network and More Than A Shop initiative, transforming isolated residents into active, social communities
The public vote will close at 5pm on Friday 13 March. We’d be very grateful if you could show support by voting at the website https://www.hopkinshomescharity.co.uk/suffolkvote