Grant Giving 2023/4
This report lists the applications for grants that Melton Parish Council has received for this financial year. Applications were received from the following:
- New Horizons Club – contribution towards the running costs of providing Lunch and Entertainment for the over 55’s on Mondays and Thursdays. Currently costs £160-200 a month.
- Woodbridge Primary School – £500 towards a new shade sail and a wooden house to provide early years with shading in their outdoor classrooms
- Burness Parish Rooms – contribution towards the cost of rear roof repairs (£3,900)
- Men’s Shed – contribution towards the cost of setting up a Men’s Shed at Jetty Lane (est 25-30k)
Copies of their applications are appended to this report for information.
A budget of £1,000 for grant giving has been allocated for this financial year. A further £1,200 has been allocated as an annual grant to St Andrew’s PCC to support the Melton Messenger publication.
Members are asked to:
- Consider the applications and decide the allocation of funds
- Agree the release of the Melton Messenger grant for payment
- New Horizon’s Club
|Purpose of Grant Application|
|We are a local not for profit club in Melton providing Lunch and Entertainment for the over 55’s on Mondays and Thursdays. Many of our lovely members are over 90 years old and we have lots of lovely volunteers who drive them and help at the club. We have kept our cost as low as we can at £12 for the day for travel, lunch and entertainment.
We have local entertainers come in providing music and other types of entertainment. As with everything they are having to put their costs up. As a club we would greatly benefit with a grant to help pay for the entertainment so we could provide more for our members.