Report on Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) funded projects – March 2022
Background and summary
This report updates Full Council on the situation regarding CIL resources and projects as at 28 February 2022.
As at 28 February 2022 the CIL Reserves totalled £520,241 as follows:
|EMR Title||Total as at 28 Feb 2022||Original allocation|
|EMR Melton Rd crossings project||£35,755
|EMR Landscaping & parking improvements||£49,000
|EMR Pavilion project||£274,446||£220,000|
|EMR Divested land sinking fund||£23,843||£30,000|
CIL received and spent to date
Receipts to date (payments are usually made in April and October in each year):
TOTAL = £619,462
The next payment date is April 2022.
Expenditure to date:
2021/22 (to 28/2/22) £78,777
TOTAL = £100,898
In terms of spend deadlines, the earliest unspent tranches now date from April 2019, which needs to be spent by April 2024. These balances will be used up in 2022/23.
Currently the Council has £520k worth of CIL unspent, but only £133.5k has not been formally allocated to EMRs.
Projects completed and paid using CIL
- Playing Field security CCTV system
- Speed Indicator Devices x 2
- Recreation Ground Car Park improvements
- Land Divestment improvements/enhancements
Projects in Progress
- Creation of car park in front of Winifred Fison House (EMR created). Additional £2-3k required due to increased costs incurred after feedback from minor works application
- Melton Road/Hill crossings (EMR created) – installation date of July 2022. Some money may remain on completion.
- Pavilion (EMR created) – start date of 28th March 2022
- Bredfield Bus Shelter – (No EMR created) – £2.4k in total but £700 funded by grant. Work being completed in March 2022.
- Hall Farm Road Sports Ground (mostly funded through grants or through the Divested land sinking fund EMR)
Other Potential Projects
The following projects have been identified but have not been prioritised or had funding allocated:
- New Play Area fencing – estimated at £10k – could potentially be funded through the Playpot (only c.£19k remains)
- Tennis Court resurfacing – estimated at £18-20k – could potentially be funded through grants/Playpot
- MUGA replacement – estimated £50-80k
- Bredfield Road Crossing feasibility study (£7,138.50) – could apply for District CIL
- Bredfield Road Pedestrian improvements – cost tbc – could apply for District CIL
- Solar panels for 17 Riduna Park – cost c.£6-10k
Members are asked to:
- Note and comment on the report
- Agree to top up the Winifred Fison EMR with £3k
- Agree if any of the potential projects should be progressed and a dedicated EMR created for them
Clerk and Executive Officer to the Council