Hall Farm Road Sports Ground Consultation
It was agreed that a public consultation would be carried out with residents in the vicinity of the Hall Farm Road Sports Ground once Covid restrictions have been lifted. Several suggestions have been made for the land including:
- Community Garden
- Friendship Benches/Benches
- Sports/Play equipment
There is a covenant on the land which means it must stay as a Public Open Space. Therefore this restriction, coupled with the size of the land, means it could not be used for allotments or a restricted access community garden.
Now that Covid restrictions are lifting it will be possible to hold face to face public consultations. Suggestions on how the consultation could be carried out include:
- Messaging on noticeboards, website, e-News and social media
- Public events at the Hall Farm Road Sports Ground
- Visiting/liaising with primary and secondary schools to raise awareness of the plans for the land
- Liaising with residents through word of mouth
- Liaising with local groups eg WI to raise awareness
- Flyers to properties on roads adjacent/surrounding Hall Farm Road Sports Ground
It is proposed that a Working Group is set up to manage the project(s) going forward. They would manage the consultation and development of ideas and report back to Recreation. Membership would not be limited to Councillors but also extended to local residents. Funding for projects will be through grants eg PlayPot and supported by Community Infrastructure Levy funds.
Councillors are asked to:
- Note and comment on this report.
- Agree if they wish to set up a Working Group for this project, and to invite local residents to join the group.
Asst Clerk and Management Officer
29th June 2021