01394 382224 (Phone)
Documents

REC(21)A03 Agenda for Recreation Meeting on 26th May 2021

RecreationRecreation Agendas & Papers Uploaded on May 19, 2021

REC(21)A03

Recreation Committee

 

To members of Melton Parish Council Recreation Committee:

 

Dear Councillor,

You are summoned to attend an ordinary meeting of the Parish Council Recreation Committee to be held on Wednesday 26th May 2021 at 7pm at the Melton Parish Council offices, 17 Riduna Park, Station Road, Melton, IP12 1QT.

 

To members of the public,

Attendance at the meeting room is limited to 20 people. Any members of the public wishing to attend this meeting please contact the office to book a space.

 

For those members of the public wishing to attend virtually Zoom details are below:

 

To join online:  https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83781574869?pwd=TzhLeEQrN1E2aWd3R1h1RGdtdHlMQT09

To join by phone: 0203 481 5237

Meeting ID: 837 8157 4869

Passcode: 995944

Pip Alder

Assistant Clerk & Management Officer

19 May 2021

AGENDA

 

  Part One – Open to the Public
21.32 Election of the Chair and Vice Chair
21.33 To receive apologies for absence
21.34 Declarations of Interest
21.34.01 To receive Amendments to the Register
21.34.02 To receive Declarations of Pecuniary Interest in Respect of Items on the Agenda
21.34.03 To receive Declarations of Non Pecuniary Interest in Respect of Items on the Agenda
21.34.04 To consider Full/Partial Dispensations for Pecuniary Interests Declared
21.35 Open Forum for Members of the Public to talk to Councillors
21.36 To approve the draft minutes of the previous meeting

Meeting held on 24th March 2021 (REC(21)M02 previously distributed).

21.37 Review Terms of Reference

To review the Terms of Reference of the Recreation Committee

https://melton-suffolk-pc.gov.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/Terms-of-Reference-of-Committees-and-Working-Groups-revised-0720.pdf

21.38 Melton Playing Field
21.38.01 To receive a report on the playing fields since the previous meeting (REC(21)38.01) Asst Clerk to report
21.38.02 Woodbridge Town Youth Football Club

To agree the draft of the new hire agreement (REC(21)38.02)

21.38.03 Dogs on MPC land

To discuss a resident’s request regarding dogs to be kept on a lead. Asst Clerk to report

21.38.04 Bike Rack

To discuss the proposal for a bike rack at the Playing Field (REC(21)38.04)

21.38.05 Melton Playing Field Sign

To receive a report about replacing the playing field sign (REC(21)38.05). Asst Clerk to report

21.38.06 NHS Thank You Day

To consider requests for the NHS Thank You Day including blocking out the tennis courts and closing the car park for the morning of the 5th July. (REC(21)38.06) Cllrs Abbott/James/Harvey-Smith to report

21.38.07 Car Boot Sales

To consider an additional two dates (18th Sept and 2nd Oct) for Car Boot Sales and receive a report regarding the one-way system to be facilitated (REC.38.07). Asst Clerk to report

21.38.08 Hire Charges

To review the hire charges of facilities (including tennis courts, football pitches). Asst Clerk to report

21.39 Melton Woods
21.39.01 Tree Safety Survey – tree works

Asst Clerk to report on tree works that are planned as a result of the Tree Safety Survey

21.39.02 Burkes Wood Pond Survey

Asst Clerk to present the SWT report on the pond survey carried out in May 2021 (REC(21.39.02)

21.39.03 Tree Warden Report

To receive a verbal report from the Tree Warden.

21.39.04 Melton Woods Festival

To receive a report from a resident wishing to hold a festival in Burkes Wood (REC(21)39.04)

21.39.05 Queen’s Green Canopy

To discuss the Jubilee tree planting project – https://queensgreencanopy.org/

21.40 Divested Land
21.40.01 To receive a report on the land that has been divested to MPC from ESC, including land by the river. Asst Clerk to report.
21.41 Maintenance Officer

To receive a verbal report on the work of the Maintenance Officer. Asst Clerk to report.

21.42 TPO Applications

DC/21/2094/TPO
DC/21/2229/TPO

21.43 CIL and Grant Funded Projects
21.43.01 To receive a verbal report on the current position regarding CIL and Grant funding projects relating to Recreation Committee including the Pavilion. Asst Clerk to report.
21.44 Notice Board

To receive an update on the additional noticeboard that was requested and taken to Full Council for approval.

21.45 Playing Out

To receive an update on the Playing Out scheme – https://playingout.net/ Asst Clerk to report

21.46 Melton, Woodbridge and Deben Peninsula Community Partnership Grants

Asst Clerk to give a verbal report regarding the Small Grant Schemes.

21.47 Anti-Social Behaviour

To receive a report on the ASB meetings. Cllr Gradwell to report.

21.48 Committee Chairman’s Urgent Business
21.48.01 To receive a report on urgent business not otherwise on the agenda
21.49 To agree items for inclusion in the Melton Messenger/In Touch
21.50 Date of Next Meeting

The next meeting will take place on Wednesday 7th July 2021 commencing at 19:00 at the Melton Parish Council offices.

Please note that meetings may be filmed, photographed, recorded

or reported about

Melton Parish Council

17 Riduna Park

Station Road

Melton

IP12 1QT

01394 382 224

finance@melton-suffolk-pc.gov.uk

 

Actions from Previous Meetings

Minute item Action Status
21.17 Asst Clerk to liaise with resident regarding tree felling at Hope Crescent Done
21.17 Asst Clerk to liaise with Primary School and Spar regarding after school tennis club Done
21.26 Asst Clerk to investigate costs for an additional noticeboard at Old Maltings Approach and take to FERM in April for approval to purchase it using CIL Done
21.20.01 Plant two memorial trees (oak and cherry) on the boundary with Hutchinson’s Meadow. Asst Clerk to liaise with Tree Warden and obtain costings. Done
21.20.01 Asst Clerk to liaise with Tree Warden regarding planting and protection measures to be implemented in the Bury Hill/Leeks Hill woods Done
21.20.01 Asst Clerk to arrange the tree felling and ivy management recommendations that were included in the two reports (divested land and Burkes Wood/Rec Ground), including completing TPO application TPO application submitted
21.20.01 Asst Clerk to invite the residents at Hall Farm Close to bring a proposal to the next Recreation meeting. Done
21.20.01 Asst Clerk to liaise with the Maintenance Officer about the feasibility of installing board walks in the muddy area near the protected oak in Burkes Wood. Ongoing
21.20.01 Asst Clerk to contact the company that harvest the cricket bat willows regarding the four willows that were not felled at the last harvest. Done
21.19.01 Asst Clerk to bring updated WTYFC hire agreement to Recreation meeting on 26th May Done
21.19.01 Asst Clerk to tell the pest control company to take a 6 month break from mole control at the playing field Done
21.19.01 Asst Clerk to liaise with Maintenance Officer regarding installation of flagpole Done
21.19.02 The Asst Clerk to liaise with the resident about the installation of a bench at the playing field Done
21.19.03 Asst Clerk to contact Car Boot Sale organisers regarding this year’s events. Done
21.19.04 Asst Clerk to bring content proposal for new playing field noticeboard to Recreation meeting on 26th May Done
21.21.01 The Asst Clerk will check with ESC about the previous mowing schedule at conservation zones. Done
21.21.01 Carry out a public consultation with residents around Hall Farm Road Sports Ground once covid restrictions are lifted. Open
21.21.01 Asst Clerk to contact the owner of the land adjacent to the riverbank land we own and the Suffolk Wildlife Trust to discuss longer term plans for this area. A report will be brought back to Recreation on the 26th May. Done
21.21.01 Asst Clerk to source quotes for permanent signage at the newly acquired land and take to Full Council for budget approval. Open
21.25 Revisit requests for grit bins later in the year Open