Report on CIL and Ear Marked Resources (EMR) funded projects – November 2022
Background and summary
This report updates Full Council on the situation regarding CIL and EMR projects as at 31st October 2022. At this date the EMRs totalled £282,990.81 as follows:
|EMR Title||Total as at 31st Oct 2022||Total as at 31st Aug 2022||Total as at 30th June 2022||Total as at 28 Feb 2022||Original allocation||Notes|
|EMR Melton Rd crossings project||£35,755||£35,755||£35,755||£35,755
|EMR Landscaping & parking improvements||£56,077.47||£56,265||£51,265||£49,000
|£50,000||Additional £5k added July 2022|
|EMR Pavilion project||£47,263.38||£144,595.16||£189,943.85||£274,446||£220,000||Additional £75k added in March 2022
Additional £10k added July 2022
Additional £25k added Sept 2022
|EMR Divested land sinking fund||£18,998||£18,998||£18,998||£23,843||£30,000|
|Budget Risk EMR *||£5,000||£5,000||£5,000||£5,000|
|Hall Farm Road/SWT Events*||£690||£690||£690||N/A||£3,633|
|Pavilion Kit Out EMR*||£63.89||£1,185.96||N/A||N/A||£1,185.96||Agreed by FERM in June 2022. Established through fete|
* These EMRs are not funded by CIL.
CIL received and spent to date
Receipts to date (payments are usually made in April and October in each year):
TOTAL = £628,175.81
The payments received in this financial year so far are from two developments and the latest payment in October is shown below:
|DC/20/3204/FUL||Land To Rear Of No.36 Hall Farm Road And Accessed Via , Nightingales Close, Melton||£4,611.05|
|DC/21/2863/FUL||38 Hall Farm Road , Melton, Suffolk, IP12 1PJ||£4,772.77|
The developer of the Deben Meadows development has lodged an appeal so it is uncertain if we will received further CIL payments for this.
Expenditure to date:
2022/23 (to date) £265,923.05
TOTAL = £377,696.51
In terms of spend deadlines, the earliest unspent tranches now date from April 2020, which needs to be spent by April 2025.
Projects completed and paid using CIL/EMR
- Playing Field security CCTV system
- Speed Indicator Devices x 3
- Recreation Ground Car Park improvements
- Land Divestment improvements/enhancements
- Bredfield Bus Shelter – (No EMR created) – £2.4k in total but £700 funded by grant
- Hall Farm Road play equipment installation and enhancements
- Creation of car park in front of Winifred Fison House – some remedial work is to be carried out FOC
- SWT wildlife events x 3
Projects in Progress
- Melton Road/Hill crossings – installed July 2022. Some money may remain on completion – awaiting final invoice.
- Pavilion – start date of 28th March 2022. Completion expected November 2022
- Lighting of pathway to Pavilion (using solar lighting)
- Bredfield Road Feasibility Study – funded by grants from Cllrs Nicoll and Smith-Lyte
Other Potential Projects
The following projects have been identified but have not been prioritised or had funding allocated:
- Play Park improvements and remedial works at Beresford Drive and Melton Recreation Ground. Could apply for District CIL/funding, especially for Beresford Drive
- New Play Area fencing – originally estimated at £10k but it is likely to be higher now
- Tennis Court resurfacing – estimated at £18-20k – is on Recreation’s long list
- MUGA replacement – estimated £50-80k – is on Recreation’s long list
- Bredfield Road Pedestrian improvements – cost tbc – could apply for District CIL
- Solar panels for 17 Riduna Park – cost c.£6-10k – this is currently on hold and could be part funded by grants. It cannot be funded using CIL.
- Installation for EV charging points – this could be partially funded through grants
- At Budget Working Group the fete committee asked if £1.5k of CIL could be earmarked to purchase 2-3 heavy duty gazebos for next year’s fete.
- Yarmouth Road Speed Repeater Roundels (see item MPC(22)96.07)
- Pavilion de-fib – could be part funded through grants and the bequest
Members are asked to:
- Note and comment on the report
- Agree which projects should be prioritised and allocated funding for the remainder of 2022/23 and for 2023/24.
- Agree if £1.5k of CIL should be earmarked to purchase gazebos for the 2023 Fete.
Clerk and Executive Officer to the Council