01394 382224 (Phone)
Documents

REC(21)A06 Agenda for Recreation Meeting on 10th November 2021

RecreationRecreation Agendas & Papers Uploaded on November 3, 2021

Recreation Committee

Meeting Agenda – REC (21)A06

10th November 2021

7pm

To members of Melton Parish Council Recreation Committee:

Dear Councillor,

You are summoned to attend an ordinary meeting of the Parish Council Recreation Committee to be held at the Melton Parish Council offices, 17 Riduna Park, Station Road, Melton, IP12 1QT.

Pip Alder

Assistant Clerk & Management Officer, Melton Parish Council

3rd November 2021

 

Part One – Open to the Public

 

Item No              Item to be discussed

21.83                   To receive apologies for absence

21.84                   Declarations of Interest

21.84.01              To receive Amendments to the Register

21.84.02             To receive Declarations of Pecuniary Interest in Respect of Items on the Agenda

21.84.03             To receive Declarations of Non Pecuniary Interest in Respect of Items on the Agenda

21.84.04             To consider Full/Partial Dispensations for Pecuniary Interests Declared

21.85                   Open Forum for Members of the Public to talk to Councillors

21.86                   To approve the draft minutes of the previous meeting

Meeting held on 15th September 2021 (REC(21)M05 previously distributed).

21.87                   Recreation Name

To consider recommending to Full Council that Recreation Committee be renamed to reflect environmental elements of its remit. Asst Clerk to report.

21.88                   Melton Playing Field

21.88.01              Playing Field Report

To receive a report on the playing fields since the previous meeting (REC(21)88.01). Asst Clerk to report

21.88.02              Play Park Inspection Plan of Action

To review the plan of action (REC(21)88.02) resulting from the recent Play Park Inspection. Asst Clerk to report.

21.88.03              Pedestrian Gate

To receive an update on the creation of an additional pedestrian gate into the playing fields. Asst Clerk to report

21.88.04              Car Boot Sale Dates

To agree the proposed dates for the Car Boot Sales in 2022. An additional date has been included in case the car boot sales start date is delayed due to the Pavilion project.

7th May, 11th June, 2nd July, 6th August, 20th August, 3rd September and 17th September.  Asst Clerk to report

21.88.05               Queen’s Jubilee Celebrations

To consider the request to light the beacon and raise a flag on the 2nd June 2022. Asst Clerk to report

21.88.06                Tennis Courts

Request from a user of the tennis courts to consider annual membership or repeat booking reduction and to review the fees. Asst Clerk to report.

21.88.07                Zip Wire

To receive a report on the Zip Wire after a report of a recent accident (REC(21)88.07) Asst Clerk to report.

21.89                      Woodland and Trees

21.89.01                 Tree Policy

To discuss formally adopting a tree policy with regards to requests from residents regarding trees on parish council land. Asst Clerk to report.

21.89.02                 Emergency Tree Works

To receive a verbal update on the emergency tree works that took place. Asst Clerk to report

21.89.03                 Burkes Wood Pond

To receive a report on the action taken to control the crassuli and suggestions on further action that could be taken (REC(21)89.03). Asst Clerk to report.

21.89.04                  Tree Warden Report

To receive a report from the Tree Warden (REC(21)89.04)

21.89.05                   TPO Applications

21.90                          Divested Land

21.90.01                    Hall Farm Road Sports Ground

To review the results of the Hall Farm Road Sports Ground consultation that took place in September (REC(21)90.01a) and the SWT report on the wetland area (REC(21)90.01b). Asst Clerk to report

21.90.02                     Hall Farm Road Sports Ground Fence, Paths and Bins

To receive a verbal update regarding the broken fence, muddy paths and request for additional bins at Hall Farm Road Sports Ground. Asst Clerk to report.

21.90.03                     Beresford Drive Play Area

To review the plan of remedial action as a result of the Annual Play Inspection of the Beresford Drive Play Area (REC(21)90.03). Asst Clerk to report.

21.90.04                     Saxon Way Footpath

To receive a report regarding quotes for repairing the steps on the footpath running behind Saxon Way (REC(21)90.04) Asst Clerk to report.

21.90.05                     AONB Reedbed Clearance

To receive a verbal report on the Scrub Clearance & Reedbed Management that will be taking place on Tuesday 7th December 2021. https://www.suffolkcoastandheaths.org

21.91                            Maintenance Officer

To receive a verbal report on the work of the Maintenance Officer. Asst Clerk to report.

21.92                          SWT events

To consider running some family wildlife events by SWT on Melton Parish Council land or at the Fete. Cllr Martin to report.

21.93                           CIL and Grant Funded Projects

21.93.01                     Pavilion

To receive a verbal report on the Pavilion project. Asst Clerk to report.

21.94                         Melton, Woodbridge and Deben Peninsula Community Partnership

To discuss the second small grant scheme which opened on the 1st November. Asst Clerk to report

21.95                          Grit Bins and Noticeboards

To receive a verbal update on the requests for grit bins and noticeboards. Asst Clerk to report.

21.96                        Anti-Social Behaviour

To receive a report on the ASB meetings. Cllr Gradwell to report.

21.97                       Committee Chair’s Urgent Business

To receive a report on urgent business not otherwise on the agenda

21.98                      To agree items for inclusion in the Melton Messenger/In Touch

21.99                      Date of Next Meeting

The next meeting will take place on Wednesday 12th January 2022 commencing at 19:00 at the Melton Parish Council offices.

Please note that meetings may be filmed, photographed, recorded or reported about.

Actions from Previous Meetings

Minute Item     

21.20.01               Asst Clerk to liaise with the Maintenance Officer about the feasibility of installing board walks in the muddy area near the protected oak in Burkes Wood. Status – Ongoing

21.38.05               Asst Clerk to contact Simon Benton to get a quote for creating a bespoke sign that includes a small noticeboard area for temporary notices. Status – Ongoing